Her wedding dress was covered in lace so we tried to really bring out the lace in each project. We made an ornate, unisex gown using the lovely older satin from the WD and created a lacy robe to go over it. We also made bib, diaper cover, kerchief, headband and a petal rose corsage.
Kari Jamicich sent her wedding dress to have a unisex gown made for her son to wear for his baptism. Her wedding dress was made of pretty thick poly satin so we went with our “Bishop” style gown. Because the gown had seams falling in inconvenient places, I ended up adding some ribbons down the center front to cover a seam. We also made several kerchiefs with embroidery.
Every now and then, I’ll find inspiration for a project and can’t resist trying it. This quilted tree wall hanging is one of those projects. It is intended to hang on a door or wall as a decorative piece but it is also quite functional The tree has 24 buttons scattered on it so you can hang little ornaments for the holiday season on it. In addition, since there are 24 of them, it can act as an advent calendar as well.
I made two of them and will be putting them into my gift shop for sale soon.
Cathy Peterson sent her wedding dress to have a baptism ensemble made for her grandchildren. She chose to get our gown/romper combo that includes a girl’s gown, a boy’s romper and a head piece. We also made a ring pillow and kerchief.
Her WD had a limited amount of satin that we used on the bodice of the gown and for the faux vest on the romper. This ensemble took just about every square useable inch of the wedding dress.
Kathleen Hoppe sent her wedding dress to have two little train skirts for her daughters to wear as flower girls in their uncle’s wedding. Kathleen’s dress had lots of gathered organza ruffles–which gave me quite a challenge to tame smile emoticon In addition to the skirts, we made a couple of kerchiefs, a jewelry pouch and a wedding garter.
Cynthia Bauknecht sent her wedding dress to get a christening gown and romper combo for her grandchildren to wear. Here gown worked well with our “princess” style. It gave us a chance to use the lovely lace from the WD skirt. For the romper, we treated the organza and the lining fabric as one fabric on the pants to give them a more elegant look.
Adrienne Sommers sent her wedding dress to have a baptism outfit made for her granddaughter. She told us that her granddaughter was going to be raised in a Bohemian/Natural style so I decided to change up the design a bit. I wanted the gown to have a free-lowing, angelic quality so we went with our “princess” style and I made the sleeves from lace and kept them wide (almost like wings). We also made a tooth fairy pillow.