Standard Jointed Fabric-Based Bears
Our Signature jointed bears are made from one or two different pieces of clothing. We can make these teddy bears from just about any shirt, pants, robe, jacket, blanket, pajamas or garment you have in mind (except wedding dresses, they are a special category). These memory bears have jointed arms and legs that can twist up and down. This allows the bear to sit on its own for easy display.
Non-Jointed 20″ Fabric Bear
We now offer a soft, hug-able 20″ non-jointed memory bear option. This style is offered only from fabric garments. Without the joints, we can under-stuff the bear to make it more cuddly and squishy. Although this bear does not have paw pads, we can still put embroidery on the foot pad and use an accent color. Without joints, this bear doesn’t sit on its own but it is a great option for younger children who want something to hug and sleep with.
We can turn an infant onesie into a huggable custom teddy Bear. The smaller onesies (0-6mos) work best. In order to keep the original onesie arms and legs as much as possible, we end up having to add a contrast fabric. You can send another garment for us to work with, or we will add some of our own fabric at no additional cost The onsie bears run around 14″-16″ tall.
Each memory bear has acrylic safety-lock eyes, plastic nose and comes with a satin ribbon or simple scarf.
- Jointed 10″-14″ memory bear = $95 (plus shipping)
- Jointed 16″-18″ memory bear = $105 (plus shipping)
- Non-jointed 20″ memory bear = $95 (plus shipping)
- Onesie Bear (0-6 mos size onesie) = $105 (plus shipping)
- $15 ea Custom Scarf/Bow We can make a custom scarf or bow from a garment you send (it should be light-weight fabric).
- $12 Felt nose If you’d prefer a soft, fabric nose instead of the plastic nose, we can do that.
- $25 Premium German Glass Eyes (These are a special order and are available in three color options: Brown, Blue and old fashioned Shoe Button Black. (Glass eyes are NOT child safe.)
- $18 to embroider two (2) initials on one foot per teddy bear (Because the foot pad is not that large, we are limited to two (2) initials per foot.)
- $18 to embroider initials or name on scarf (I do not have a large, industrial embroidery machine so am limited to a 4″ space but I can put a name on each scarf)
- Clothing: (I can make the clothing from additional clothing you send, or from the lining of a coat, or from my own selection of fabrics. the cost is the same)
- $20 to make a vest
- $25 to make a shirt/jacket/jumper
- $45 to make a full custom outfit (up to three items)
- Accessories: I have access to some simple accessories
- $8 for Glasses
- $15 for a Hat
Shipping is $15 for the first memory bear and $5 per each additional bear. We are located in Dayton, Ohio (45402).
$18 Photo Badge Send us a photo of your loved one wearing the garment–or just a favorite picture–and we’ll make a badge that can be pinned to your bear. You can email a digital photo or put a photo in with your order.
How to Order
Fairy Godmother Creations
1001 E Second St #3140
Dayton Ohio 45402
If you you have additional questions or just want to talk to a human being before making your decision, you can contact me at.
For some reason, AOL doesn’t always allow my emails through. If you have emailed me and don’t receive a response within 24 hours, it means I either didn’t get your email, or my response did not make it to you.
Here are a few photo samples of our jointed memory bears, just click on the photo to see more detail
Here are some samples of our non-jointed bears.
Important!: The premium glass eyes are NOT child safe. They are blown glass on the end of a wire. Although they are securely attached to the bear, a child pulling and twisting them can break them off and they can become a choking hazard.
How much fabric does it take to make a bear? I can usually get the following:
Standard men’s shirt = Two 12″-14″ bears or one 16-18″ bear
Standard woman’s blouse = Two 12″-14″ bears or one 16″ bear
Standard pair of pants = Two 12″-14″ bears or one 16″ bear
Full length bath robe = Four to six 14″ bears, Two to three 16-18″ bears, two 20-24″ bears
Each jointed bear has approximately 24 pattern pieces. If someone wants more bears from a garment, I can sometimes adapt my patterns to make smaller bears. I don’t like to work with bears less than 9″ though.
I have a couple of shirts from my late husband and would like bears for each of my grandchildren. How can you use them to create five bears the same?
I can use quilting and patchwork techniques that incorporate the different fabrics into each bear.