If you have several shirts or pieces of clothing and want a bit of each one captured in a memory bear, we offer a patchwork memory bear. We can use fabric from 6-12 different pieces on these. Since we have to make the patchwork fabric before we even get to cutting and sewing the bear, these do cost considerably more. However, we can save a little time in the process when making additional bears so we do offer a discount for additional patchwork teddy bears.
Our Patchwork bear comes in two sizes. Each bear has jointed arms and legs, acrylic safety-lock eyes, plastic nose and comes with a scarf or satin ribbon.
- $160 (plus shipping)for a 12″-14″ bear, $140 for each additional bear
- $180 (plus shipping)for a 16″ bear, $160 for each additional bear
- $18 Premium German Glass Eyes (These are a special order and are available in three color options: Brown, Blue and old fashioned Shoe Button Black. (Glass eyes are NOT child safe.)
- $18 to embroider two (2) initials on one foot per bear (Because the foot pad is not that large, we are limited to two (2) initials per foot.)
- $18 to embroider initials or name on scarf (I do not have a large, industrial embroidery machine so am limited to a 4″ space but I can put a name on each scarf)
- Clothing: (I can make the clothing from additional clothing you send, or from the lining of a coat, or from my own selection of fabrics. the cost is the same)
$20 to make a vest $25 to make a shirt/jacket/jumper $40 to make a full custom outfit
- $25 to insert an in-stock 18 note music box We have a limited music selection in stock (check the order form for our current tunes). If you have a specific melody you’d like, you can either supply the music box, or I can try to find it. I will charge the normal $25 insert cost plus whatever the music box costs.
Shipping is $15 for the first memory bear and $5 per each additional bear. We are located in Dayton, Ohio (45402).
$18 Photo Badge Send us a photo of your loved one wearing the garment–or just a favorite picture–and we’ll make a badge that can be pinned to your bear. You can email a digital photo or put a photo in with your order.
How to Order
Click the Order Form Graphic and Download the PDF order form. Fill it out for the type of bear (s) you want. Send it, along with your garment and payment to: Fairy Godmother Creations 1001 E Second St #3140 Dayton Ohio 45402 If you you have additional questions or just want to talk to a human being before making your decision, you can contact me at. Phone: 937-231-5025Email:Liane@fairygodmothercreations.comFor some reason, AOL doesn’t always allow my emails through. If you have emailed me and don’t receive a response within 24 hours, it means I either didn’t get your email, or my response did not make it to you.
Here are a few photo samples, just click on the photo to see more detail
Important!: It is important to know that memory bears made from matured fur cannot be considered toys. Although I do things to re-enforce the fur and make it stable, old fur is not overly sturdy and it simply won’t hold up to rough child play. In addition, the premium glass eyes are NOT child safe. They are blown glass on the end of a wire. Although they are securely attached to the bear, a child pulling and twisting them can break them off and they can become a choking hazard.